Year 7 – 8
Pupils have a broad and balanced curriculum with plentiful opportunities for active and personalised learning, both independently and collaboratively with emphasis being is placed on personal development.
Pupils learn the following subjects:
- Academic – English, mathematics, science
- Linguistic – French and Spanish
- Human and Social – History, geography, religious studies
- Aesthetic and creative education – Art, music, dance, drama
- Life Skills – personal education and personal, social and health and economic education.
- Physical – Individual and team sports
- Technological – Computing, design and technology
Some subjects are taught by specialist teachers. Pupils are provided with a stimulating range of extra-curricular activities which cater to all academic, creative and sporting interests. Regular sports activities are also enjoyed by pupils as part of the curriculum.
The strength of our pastoral care and house systems develops pupils who are courteous and kind in their conduct and we encourage pupils to develop their leadership skills by providing these opportunities throughout the curriculum.
Year 9 – 11 (Key Stage 4)
At Key Stage 4, pupils are provided with a broad and engaging curriculum leading to GCSE qualifications usually sat at the end of year 11 (Thornton).
English Language, English Literature, Mathematics and Science (separate, 3 GCSEs or combined, 2 GCSEs) are compulsory. Pupils then select four choices from a suite of optional subjects in year 8 (Swale) to study from year 9 to 11 (Leckby, Eldmire and Thornton). This programme of study usually leads to 9 or 10 GCSEs.
Subjects offered at Cundall Manor School.
Pupils benefit from our broad curriculum and tailored study options including:
|English Language||English Literature||Mathematics||Science (separate or combined)|