Objectives of the curriculum:
We are committed to providing an educational environment that challenges, nurtures, excites and involves every single pupil in the school through a curriculum which
- At each level, prepares pupils for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of the next stage of their education and lives,
- Challenges the individual academically and allows them to discover their own intellectual strengths in the pursuit of academic excellence and encourages a love of learning,
- Encourages independent learning and critical thinking skills and provides opportunities for pupils to express their learning and understanding in different ways,
- Is balanced and broadly based and encourages pupils to explore a breadth of academic, cultural, aesthetic, creative and sporting interests,
- Is flexible enough to respond to change and incorporates innovation as appropriate,
- Enables pupils to acquire skills in speaking and listening, literacy and numeracy,
- Uses technology effectively in supporting teaching and learning and gives pupils the opportunity to present work in personalised ways,
- Ensures pupils have an understanding of their own personal safety and that of others, including awareness of safeguarding,
- Enables our pupils to work collaboratively and successfully develop the ‘soft skills’ needed to equip them for life,
- Encourages respect for other people, paying particular regard to the protected characteristics
Visit our curriculum pages to find out more about each area of our school:
The Wider Curriculum
The Educational Policy for extra-curricular activities is embedded in the overall objective of preparing each boy and girl for adult life. Pupils are encouraged to develop their interest, talents and initiative through sports, social and leisure activities.
We offer pupils opportunities in a variety of extra-curricular pursuits that aid the transition from school pupil to young adult and help them develop into well-rounded and valued members of the community, equipped with the life skills to make a success of their study at university and on into their future careers.